Notice of Change of Ownership Online from Notaries

Panoni rangatiratanga a te rōia

​Amended Ownership Notification Process

When a property changes ownership, solicitors must notify Auckland Council and Watercare by completing a Notice of Change of Ownership (NoC).

If you are a lawyer, you must complete the NoC form on Land Information New Zealand (LINZ) Landonline website as part of your normal Landonline workflow.

You will see the “Add NoC” button at the bottom right of the screen when you prepare the transfer in Landonline.

Auckland Council and Watercare will receive updated information the next working day after completing and submitting the NoC.

For more information see the LINZ information page.

Email [email protected] if you have any further questions.

Final water meter reading

When you change ownership, you must also book a final water meter reading by Watercare.

Email the NoC at [email protected] if the property has Veolia as a water supplier.

Transfer a resource consent

Changing ownership does not automatically transfer consent to a resource.

If you want to transfer a resource consent on the property that changes ownership, you will need to follow an additional process.

You can find out how on the Transfer a resource consent page.

Related Topics

About Wanda G. Warren

Check Also

BofA and BMO work to close the racial ownership gap

Bank of America and BMO Harris are leaning into real estate assistance with programs designed …